This question of “when do you take a stand, when do you walk away” comes up often. By nature I walk away. Because I am shy, scared and have kept quiet about so many things for so long speaking up for myself is agony. I can speak up for a cause and for someone else but not me.
You take a stand when:
- someone tries to rape or kill you.
- when someone takes away your human right to defend yourself.
- when someone writes your narrative (life story) and records it into infinity
- when your moral integrity is in jeopardy
- when called something you are not. You say sticks and stones will hurt you but name
- when your breath is taken away and silence starts to kill your life force.
- Truth matters, it is worth standing up for.
When do you walk away:
- anything that no longer serves you, or them
- it has no meaning for you
- when someone wants to fight instead of talk
- when someone lies to you
- when you are molested or abused to save your life
The fact is that our heart knows, we do know when it’s time to walk away if we listen to our inner voice. We know what is right. We choose our battles and the rest gets put to sleep.
I have chosen my battle because it goes to the core of who I am.