The nomination of me, lousefowler.com, for the LIEBSTER AWARD is beyond words. Being acknowledge by http://cloveramerica.net/, Jennifer L. Meacham, is a privilege for I admire her writing skills and I learn from her as I do all my fellow bloggers.
What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is community-based, and qualifying blogs must have fewer than 300 followers. It’s is an excelllent way of discovering other blogs and bring them to the attention of readers and the Blogosphere.
Once nominated, you answer 11 questions about yourself or your blog, then give 11 random facts about yourself. The next step is to nominate 11 more qualifying bloggers for the award and create 11 questions for them to answer. Then you must visit each blog you’ve nominated and inform him/her about the award.
So here are the 11 questions from http://cloveramerica.net/ along with my answers.
1. Why do you blog? Several years ago a situation took over my life in the case of Houston versus Houston. A matter that was literally soul destroying for my mother, step-father and myself. They passed on and I felt shattered and needed a way of SPEAKING UP and expressing my truth. Hence my blog. I continue writing it because I have more to say. I am stunned that people are interested in reading it.
2. What is your deepest fear? As a person with PTSD is being attached again, on any level, and am terrified one day I just wont be able to get up again. This last blow almost took me out.
3. What is the first thing you ever wrote/created? I wrote a small article that was published in a local paper called “Words”. Having a learning disability makes the written word difficult. More so when I was younger. Thank goodness for spell check. Albeit sometimes spell check doesn’t even know what I am trying to spell.
4. What is your most prized possession? I have lived a good portion of my life with nothing. Therefore, things are nice but not prized. This is not exactly what I would call a possession but I prize my ability to adapt and make beauty out of nothing.
5. What is number one on your bucket list? 1 is keeping myself alive but when I have established that I would like to go sky diving.
6. Coke or Pepsi? It used to be Coke but now it’s water.
7. What is your favorite historical time period? This is a difficult one for me because I don’t want to go back and am unable to look forward right now. Therefore, I would have to say NOW because my hope and the promise lies in the NOW for me.
8. What inspires you? Kindness.
9. If you saw a crime in progress, would you put yourself in jeopardy or seek help/call 911? I don’t have to think much on this one because I know from experience (several times) I would put myself in jeopardy. I would advise other to call 911 though.
10. If there was one thing in your life you could re-do, what would it be? My mother and I had a falling out many eons ago, and lasted a long time. To-day I would never have allowed that to happen.
11. What do you hope people get out of your blog? Learn from my lessons and in the best of all worlds avoid going where I did.
11 Random facts about me:
- I have become a loner, I found that it was my survival mechanism from way back.
- I hate wearing shoes and bras, but do
- I was a competition swimmer
- When I was very small my brother used to feed me sand and mud, I ate it
- I am primarily a vegetarian
- I don’t like crowds and will avoid them if I can
- I don’t like small talk and would prefer deep interesting conversation
- I won a public speaking award
- like being neat, tidy and clean
- I like watching American Ninja Warriors on TV
- People who know me think I am funny and have a good sense of humour
These are the people I’m nominating.
The eleven questions for my nominees to answer:
- Who is the most supportive person in your life and why?
- Sweet or savory?
- What is your biggest challenge?
- What would have to happen for you to take a stand and speak up?
- What do you find offensive?
- What do you value most?
- Where are you most successful in life?
- Did you like school and why?
- What is your favorite time of the day and why?
- Do you care about your “numbers” in the blog world, or do you write just because you like it?
- What makes you laugh?
I am honored to pass this along and wish you all the best.