Some people think that gossip is just harmless chitchat. Conscious willful deliberate gossip running amok can be so harmful and destructive but so often those who gossip don’t know the consequences to their actions. To-day I will tell you.
The core of my blog is about THE CASE OF HOUSTON VERSUS HOUSTON; at this core the beginning threads of this case started with gossip.
One would think that a doctor, a cop, a nurse, a contractor etc – THE HOUSTON CLAN – would know better. I believe they do know better but just didn’t care because their agenda to get their inheritance before both our parents died, in violation of their Wills, was what was important to them. You would think a superior education, an elite upbringing, have jobs that our society looks up to and very comfortable life styles would not make it necessary to destroy others to get what they want. Apparently not the case, by my experience.
What is gossip – “casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.” This is what these rich professionals engaged in. And at the end of the day my mother is dead, my step-father died in huge distress and my life is hanging by a thread – the consequences!
- often negative, inflammatory, embarrassing and damaging
- creates conflict
- forces people into hiding
- technically gossip is unsubstantiated
- said without good-will
- decreases a persons self-esteem
- breaks down trust
- it’s the death of further co-operation
- decreases, the receiver of this gossip, motivation and kills dreams
- gossip does not build bridges, rather destroys them
- does not enhance or sprout understanding
- tells the person being gossiped about they are more important – arrogance.
What do you do if you are the person being gossiped about:
- confront the gossipers ie THE HOUSTON CLAN
- make a public statement – that I am doing.
- don’t accept excuses such as – just networking – minimizing like it’s just gossip, you are making a big deal out of nothing – I had to do it, it’s the truth
Gossip is insidious and the scars are often hidden. Gossip is not just little girls and lazy housewives which of course are stupid stereotypes. Don’t forget that the people we think we should be able to trust are not always trustworthy. My suggestion is to be very careful who you share with and don’t assume that certain professionals are beyond reproach because I am here to tell you, from experience, they are not.
I am exposing everything about myself as a defense to the gossip documented by the HOUSTON CLAN.
THIS BLOG IS MY PUBLIC STATEMENT!